Think Like an Astronaut
Sprial galaxy NGC 1232.
X-ray: NASA/CXC/Huntingdon Institute for X-ray Astronomy/G. Garmire; Optical: ESO/VLT
- 3-5 6-8
The Think Like an Astronaut Teacher's Guide introduces students to the challenges of space travel in an after school setting and includes lessons covering the Earth, the solar system, microgravity and life in space. The following activities are offered.
1. Where Are We? - The World Spins On and On
2. Exploring the Atmosphere - Air's All Around!
3. Exploring Gravity - Falling Down/Standing Up
4. Beyond Earth's Atmosphere - Celestial Objects
5. The Space Adventure - All About Space Travel
6. Astronaut Issues - Living In Space
7. Careers in Space Exploration - It Could Be You!
Funded by the following grant(s)
Grant Number: DRL-1028771