Science Safety Considerations
Safety first! Students always must think about safety when conducting science investigations. This slide may be used to review safety with your class prior to beginning the activity.
Also, keep the following points in mind.
- Always follow your district school safety guidelines.
- Have a clear understanding of the investigation in advance.
- Practice any investigation with which you are not familiar before conducting it with the class.
- Make sure appropriate safety equipment, such as safety goggles, is available.
- Continually monitor the area where the investigation is being conducted.
Your slide tray is being processed.
Funded by the following grant(s)
The Environment as a Context for Opportunities in Schools
Grant Numbers: 5R25ES010698, R25ES06932
Foundations for the Future: Capitalizing on Technology to Promote Equity, Access and Quality in Elementary Science Education