People and Climate
Science Safety Considerations
Students always must think about safety when conducting science investigations. This slide may be used to review safety with your class prior to beginning the activity.
- Always school district and school science laboratory safety guidelines.
- Have a clear understanding of the investigation in advance.
- Practice any investigation with which you are not familiar before conducting it with the class.
- Make sure appropriate safety equipment, such as safety goggles, is available.
- Continually monitor the area where the investigation is being conducted.
- Moreno N., and B. Tharp. (2011). The Science of Global Atmospheric Change Teacher’s Guide. Third edition. Baylor College of Medicine. ISBN: 978-1-888997-76-7.
- Photo by Christopher Burnett © Baylor College of Medicine.
Your slide tray is being processed.
Funded by the following grant(s)
My Health My World: National Dissemination
Grant Number: 5R25ES009259
The Environment as a Context for Opportunities in Schools
Grant Number: 5R25ES010698, R25ES06932
Foundations for the Future: Capitalizing on Technology to Promote Equity, Access and Quality in Elementary Science Education