Infectious Disease Case Study
- 90 letter-sized envelopes
- 6 sheets of white, self-stick folder labels (3-7/16 in. x 2/3 in.), with 30 labels per sheet (Avery #5366, 5378, or 8366)
- One set of prepared envelopes (15 envelopes per set)
- Copy of “What is Wrong with Allison?” and “Disorders & Symptoms” student sheets
- Group concept map (ongoing)
Photocopy the label template sheet (see PDF activity listed with this presentation) onto the six sheets of self-stick folder labels. Use one page of photocopied labels to create each set of envelopes. Place Question label #1 on the outside of an envelope and stick the corresponding Clue label on the inside flap of the same envelope. Close the flap, but do not seal the envelope. Repeat until you have a set of 15 envelopes. Make six sets (one for each group of four students). Make an overhead transparency of the Disorders & Symptoms sheet.
Have students work in groups of four.
- Moreno, N., Tharp, B., Erdmann, D., Rahmati Clayton, S., Denk, J. (2008). The Science of Microbes Teacher’s Guide. Houston, TX: BioEd.
- Denk, J. (2009). Materials for activity 10. Baylor College of Medicine. Houston, TX.
Your slide tray is being processed.
Funded by the following grant(s)
Grant Number: 5R25RR018605