Overview of the Male Reproductive System
Let’s Get Started
In this activity, students will measure their breathing and pulse rates. They will discover that physical activity causes these rates to increase. Students will make predictions, take measurements, graph, compare data, and draw conclusions based on their investigation.
1. Have the Materials Manager from each group collect the materials.
2. Direct students to cut out the pattern for the lungs and for the heart from their worksheet.
3. Then, have students fold the 9-in. x 6-in. sheets of red and blue paper in half (long way) and trace the heart and lung patterns onto the construction paper. Have students cut along the traced lines.
Each student will need 1 heart and 1 set of lungs in each color.
- Moreno N., B. Tharp, and J. Dresden. (2011). The Science of Air Teacher’s Guide. Third edition. Baylor College of Medicine.
- Illustrations by M.S. Young © Baylor College of Medicine.
Your slide tray is being processed.