5-E Model for Teaching Inquiry Science
This activity works best with the class divided into 2-person teams, with team members taking turns monitoring each other. Conduct this activity with the entire class if you teach young students who are not yet able to tell time.
Materials per student group
- Stopwatch with a second hand, wrist watches, or classroom clock
Materials per student
- Pair of scissors
- ½ sheet of blue 9-in. x 12-in. construction paper. )
- ½ sheet of red 9-in. x 12-in. construction paper.
- Copy of the student sheet, "Heart and Lungs Cut-Outs"
- 2 copies of the "Heart and Lungs Data Sheet" (one for resting heart and breathing rate, and one for heart and breathing rate after exercise)
- Chart paper
Cut sheets of 9x12 in construction paper (blue and red) in half horizontally to make 9x6 in. sheets.
- Photo by Christopher Burnett © Baylor College of Medicine.
- Moreno N., B. Tharp, and J. Dresden. (2011). The Science of Air Teacher’s Guide. Third edition. Baylor College of Medicine.
Your slide tray is being processed.